The League of WoMen Voters of Baton Rouge will sponsor the 16th Annual Reality Check Luncheon at the City Club of Baton Rouge on Friday, June 24th from 11:30 to 1:30.
The Reality Check Luncheon is the first review and analysis of the 2011 LA Legislative Session.
- Glenn Koepp, Secretary of the LA Senate
- John Maginnis, Syndicated Political Columnist and Publisher of LA Politics Weekly
- Dr. Albert Samuels, Political Scientist and Author, Southern University
- Robert Travis Scott, President, Public Affairs Research Council, and
- Alfred "Butch" Speer, Clerk of the LA House of Representatives.
Each panelists will give an eight (8) minute presentation of their unique prospective of the Legislative activities: the good, the bad, and sometimes the humorous. After the panel presentations, the audience is encouraged to ask questions of the presenters.
The public and the legislators are invited to attend the 1st report of the 2011 Legislative session to become informed voters for the fall elections.
Tickets are Thirty-five Dollars per person. All reservations/tickets must be made and paid by June 20th at 4 p.m.
Reservation/Tickets can be purchased by either: Check made payable to LWVBR, and mailed to LWVBR, Attn: Reality Check, 728 North Boulevard, Baton Rouge, LA 70802 or On-line by Credit Card for a small convenience fee at:
Reality Check Tickets (http://www.lwvbr.org/RealityCheck16.html)
This is the League of WoMen Voters of Baton Rouge Only Annual Fund Raiser. Please support your Capitol City League of WoMen Voters. Call 225/927-2255, if you have any questions.