Emerging Philanthropists of New Orleans (EPNO), an initiative of LANO member the Greater New Orleans Foundation, announces its 2012 grantmaking focus areas and Requests for Proposals.
Letters of Intent can be submitted online at www.emergingphilanthropists.org until June 22, 2012 at 5 p.m.
The EPNO Class of 2012 has five grantmaking teams that will award up to $8,000 in each of the following areas:
- Crime Prevention & Public Safety
- Economic Development
- Education & Youth Development
(Full RFP attached to this post)
How to Apply:
Please submit a Letter of Intent online by June 22, 2012 at 5 p.m. at www.emergingphilanthropists.org.
You may apply to one area only. The Letter of Intent should include a description of the following (Please limit to one page):
- The organization and its mission
- The project for which you are seeking funding
- How the funds will be used
All applicants will receive an email by July 9 indicating if they are invited to submit a full proposal.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have 501c3 status. If you are an individual with an innovative idea, you must find a sponsoring 501c3
- Be located within the Greater New Orleans area
Please note: EPNO has aConflict of Interest policy posted on its website, which may prohibit an organization at which, an EPNO member or immediate family member is employed from applying to this year's grant cycle. EPNO will notify you after your letter of intent is received if there is a conflict.
June 22:Letter of Intent due online by 5 p.m.
July 9: All applicants will receive an email indicating if they are invited to submit a full proposal.
August 6: Full proposals due online (by invitation only).
August 21: Those who submitted full proposals will receive an email indicating if they are a finalist. Finalists will be invited to participate in a Site Visit or Interview.
October 5:Finalists will be notified of the final award decisions.
October 17:Grant Awards Ceremony.
EPNO is an initiative to engage young leaders in New Orleans in philanthropy. Members participate in asix-month programwhere theypool funds, collaborate on teams and allocate grants to impact issues they care about. Member contributions are matched dollar for dollar through the generosity of outside sponsorships.
- Inspire and educate young leaders to become effective, lifelong philanthropists
- Impact positive change in the New Orleans region
- Retain local talent by allowing emerging leaders to connect with each other and their community