The Public Affairs Research Council of Louisiana is pleased to announce that the popular PAR Guide to the Legislature and other PAR resources are now available as a FREE mobile app for the iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Search for "PAR Guide" at the Apple or Google app stores on your smart phone and download The PAR Guide 2014 today. This free app includes:
The Louisiana Legislature. State legislators' bio information, photo, sources of income, committee assignments and contact information, including touch dialing and email. No other legislative guide provides legislator income information.
- Statewide offices. Bios, photos and staff contact information for Louisiana's statewide office-holders.
- Congress. Bios, photos and staff contact information for Louisiana's Congressional delegation.
- Guide to the Constitutional Amendments. A quick mobile version of PAR's indispensible guide to the proposals for state constitutional amendments that will appear on the ballot statewide in Fall 2014. This guide will update automatically if new amendment proposals are added during the Spring 2014 legislative session.
- Citizen's Rights to open meetings and public records. Based on PAR's popular Citizen's Rights Card, this resource provides the essential information about Louisiana sunshine laws for state and local governments.
- PAR News and Commentary. The latest policy insights, recommendations and news from PAR.
App content will be updated automatically throughout the year without the need for software application upgrades. Louisiana-based software developer hSoft Consulting developed the PAR app.
Ochsner Health System provided underwriting support for the PAR Guide 2014 app and the printed 2014 PAR Guide to the Louisiana Legislature.
Please pass along information about the PAR 2014 app to your friends, business colleagues and association networks. There is no cost for this useful resource!
The Public Affairs Research Council of Louisiana is a private, nonprofit, non-partisan public policy research organization focused on pointing the way toward a more efficient, effective, transparent and accountable Louisiana government. PAR was founded in 1950 and is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization supported by foundation and corporate grants and individual donations.