Reporting to and in partnership with Congregational Leadership, this position with Sisters of the Holy Family in New Orleans will direct and oversee the financial and operational activities of the Community.
The Business Manager will be responsible for the operational activities related to accounting, finance, and asset management as well as being involved in on-going financial planning activities.
Duties include scheduling and directing work assignments of clerical employees, processing financial reports, and directing the financial and operational elements of the organization. Characteristics include ability to maintain many and varied internal and external contacts; and the ability to exercise judgment and initiative.
Essential functions include accounting and financial reporting, payroll oversight, budgeting, audit preparation, financial systems and processes, simple tax reporting, analysis of investment activity, oversight of properties/asset management, integrating with the development office, and long-range financial planning
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or finance or significant industry experience
- Non-profit/Religious business office experience
- Knowledge of database and accounting software application systems
- Three to five years of experience in financial, accounting, or operational management with responsibilities for general ledger, accounts payable and receivable and payroll activities, and property management
- Experience managing business office staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, with salary history and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org