Posted By Rebecca Harris, Baton Rouge Area Chamber,
Monday, May 12, 2014
| Comments (0)
Reductions in Crime: Decreasing the Crime Rate in the Baton Rouge Area through BRAVE
In 2012, the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) was awarded a $1.5 million grant to institute the Baton Rouge Area Violence Elimination Project (BRAVE) project. BRAVE takes an innovative approach to fighting crime by focusing on the 70805, where a majority of the crime in the parish occurs, and proactively addresses some of the sources of crime. In 2013, the parish saw a 20 percent reduction in the crime rate. This is an excellent opportunity to get an update on how this program is working to make our region a safer place to live and work.
- Date: Tuesday, June 3, 2014
- Location: Hartley/Vey Studio, Manship Theatre, Baton Rouge
- Parking: A parking garage is located at Convention Street and Third Street
- Time: 11:30am networking, 12:00pm–1:00pm program
- Cost: $20 for BRAC investors, $30 for non-investors (includes lunch provided by Boudreaux's Catering)
- Information: Contact Rebecca Harris at 225-339-1174 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This post has not been tagged.