Posted By Pinki Diwan,
Monday, June 2, 2014
| Comments (0)
The LSU Foundation, in conjunction with the LSU Museum of Art, is seeking an Associate Director of Development with the creativity, vision, and talent for increasing marketing and philanthropic giving outcomes.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director of the LSU Museum of Art and works in conjunction with the LSU Foundation’s Vice President of Development within the strategic development environment of the LSU Foundation.
The ideal candidate will:
- Cultivate and expand current corporate, foundation, and individual support through stewardship, other giving opportunities, and by moving donors up the giving ladder.
- Build current relationships, develop new relationships, and identify new opportunities for support, draft proposals and donor relations materials.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to establish development and fundraising budget goals and ensure financial goals are being met on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, as well as soliciting major donors and exhibition sponsors.
- Grow the Museum’s endowments by developing a planned giving program to obtain support through wills, bequests, and other forms of estate planning.
- Analyze and research grant-making opportunities, evaluate them for funding potential, develop a detailed annual calendar with grant deadlines and activities, and write and submit proposals in collaboration with the Curator, Educator, and Executive Director.
- Oversees membership program with input from Membership Coordinator
- Prepare development reports to the Museum’s Advisory Board and other Boards and committees as needed.
- In association with the Coordinator of Events and Marketing of Facility Rentals, works on high ROI fundraising and membership events that have been approved by the Executive Director, including but not limited to the Museum’s annual fundraiser.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
See attached PDF for full description and application information.
Download File (PDF)