LSU's Department of Continuing Education is sponsoring a two-day, interactive Grant Writing Seminar, Oct. 21-22 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. 1.2 CEU'S will be given for this Interactive Workshop.
Major topics to be presented include:
- Local, Regional & Federal Grants
Gain in-depth insight into the world of state and federal grants. Provide definitions and requirements local, regional, and federal grants.
- Organizational Funding & Community Needs
Learn to review organization’s budget and understand where grants fit into budgetary projections and portfolio. Understand how the grant will impact or provide positive outcomes in the community.
- Grant Proposal & Application Requirements
Develop the proposal by learning to ask the subjective and objective questions from the grantor point of view.
- Improving Grant Writing Skills
Increase knowledge of the language involved in a grant to better prepare the writer, or the writing team.
- Data Research & Collection
Explore various types of online data repositories, research tools, and how to expertly collect, analyze and report the data necessary for a successful grant award.
- Effective Proposal Writing: Narrative, Budget, Objectives, Goals, Impact Measurements, Quality Assurance & Evaluations
Learn through interactive activities how to appropriately write each section of a grant.
- Building Effective Relationships with the Funder
Learn how to insure the relationship is relevant to organizational or corporate entity needs.