The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL) and the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation (LPBF) invite you to register for our three day Coastal Forest restoration event on January 15, 16 and 17 near St. Bernard. We are looking for 120 enthusiastic volunteers to prepare and plant over 1,000 native trees in an area that was heavily impacted by past hurricanes. Your efforts will help increase storm surge retention and increase forest resiliency for future storm events.
- Directions and additional details will be provided to registered volunteers via e-mail a few days prior to the event.
- Registration is open from 9:00 to 9:30 am each day. Due to the logistics of this event - registration will close at 9:30 am.
- Please note the minimum age for volunteers is 10 and all minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Physical fitness is required.
- All equipment (gloves, shovels) and lunch and drinks (with vegetarian options) will be provided to all volunteers.
- Be prepared to get DIRTY. CRCL will be providing knee boots upon request.
We require that all volunteers please register to let us know if you plan to attend. If any additional members of your family/friends are attending, then they must also register.
You can register to volunteer for any day by
Founded in 1988, The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana is a non-profit organization whose mission is driving bold, science-based action to rebuild Coastal Louisiana through advocacy, outreach and restoration. With the support of 20,000 members and volunteers, CRCL advocates for strong coastal policies and implements restoration projects across coastal Louisiana.