Posted By Jenny Byrd, Coalition To Restore Coastal Louisiana,
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
| Comments (0)
|VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO HELP RESTORE THE MARSHES OF BIG BRANCH NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE
TheCoalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana(CRCL) invites you to participate in a three day marsh grass planting April 9 - 11 at Big Branch National Wildlife Refuge. We will be planting nearly 13,000 plugs of marsh grass and we need your help! This project will assist in stabilizing the marsh soils with the intention of preventing future erosion and creating wildlife habitat.
When:Thursday-Saturday, April 9th-11th, 2015
9:00 a.m. to no later than 4:00 p.m.
Where:Big Branch National Wildlife Refuge
Volunteers may register for one or multiple days.
Due to the logistics of this event, we cannot accommodate volunteers arriving late or needing to return early.
- Directions and additional details will be provided to registered volunteers via e-mail a few days prior to the event.
- Volunteers will be transported to the planting site by air boat. Please note theminimum age for volunteers is 18.
- Planting in the marsh is a strenuous activity, so physical fitness is required. The site is very muddy so volunteers need to plan on gettingVERY Dirty!
- All equipment (life vests, etc) and lunch and drinks (with vegetarian options) will be provided to all volunteers.
We require that all volunteers please registerto let us know if you plan to attend.If anyadditional membersof your family/friends are attending, then theymust also register.You canregister to volunteer on Thursday, April 9 at the bottom of this page.
Planting on our coast is wonderful way to spend a day and we would like to ensure that everyone gets a chance to have a great experience.
- If, after registering, you find you are unable to attend, please notify us of yourcancellation.
- If the event registration is full, you can be added to awaiting list.
- If you'd like to bring out agroup, please let us know and we'll try our best to accomodate you.
For any of the above inquiries, you can contact our Habitat Restoration Program Coordinator, Jenny Byrd atJennyb@crcl.org.
Additional project support provided by:
||Thursday, April 09, 2015
9 AM - 4 PM
||Big Branch Marsh National Wildlife Refuge
Register Here: https://www3.thedatabank.com/dpg/316/mtglist.asp?formid=event&refby=mtglist.asp
This post has not been tagged.