VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR DUNE RESTORATION PROJECT AT HOLLY BEACH
The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL) is excited to be returning to Holly Beach on Saturday, May 16th! The goal of this project is to enhance our previous work completed in August 2014. We will be planting a 1 mile stretch of newly constructed beach with 6,000 plugs of dune grass. We will be increasing soil retention along the newly constructed beach, promoting dune growth, providing critical habitat for nesting birds, and enhancing protection to the coastal communities of Cameron parish.
When: Saturday, May 16, 2015
9:00 a.m. to no later than 4:00 p.m.
Where: Holly Beach, LA
- Directions and additional details will be provided to registered volunteers via e-mail a few days prior to the event
- Due to the logistics of this event, registration will close promptly at 9:30 am.
- Please note the minimum age for volunteers is 7 and must be accompanied by an adult.
- Planting along the beach is a strenuous activity, so physical fitness is necessary.
- All equipment (dibbles, gloves, etc) and lunch and drinks (with vegetarian options) will be provided to all volunteers.
We require that all volunteers please register to let us know if you plan to attend. If any additional members of your family/friends are attending, then they must also register. You can register to volunteer on Saturday, May 16 on our website.
Volunteering on our coast is wonderful way to spend a day and we would like to ensure that everyone gets a chance to have a great experience.
- If, after registering, you find you are unable to attend, please notify us of your cancellation.
- If the event registration is full, you can be added to a waiting list.
- If you'd like to bring out a group, please let us know and we'll try our best to accommodate you.
For any of the above inquiries, you can contact our Habitat Restoration Program Coordinator, Jenny Byrd at Jennyb@crcl.org.