The Louisiana Partnership for Children & Families will host the only scheduled post-session legislative review focused exclusively on children & families. The meeting will feature recognized professionals discussing the impact of the legislative decisions on children & families. The panel will include:
· Budget - Jan Moller, Louisiana Budget Project
· Child Welfare - Carmen Weisner, NASW-LA Chapter/Partnership Board Member
· Child Health - Sandra Adams, Retired Health Care Lobbyist/Partnership Board Member
· Juvenile Justice - Josh Perry, Louisiana Center for Children’s Rights
· Vulnerable Families - Ashley Shelton, One Voice Louisiana
· Early Care & Education - Sherry Guarisco, Louisiana Partnership
Jim Engster, a well-known political analyst, journalist and host of “The Jim Engster Show”, will give the keynote presentation following lunch. He will discuss the upcoming 2015 Louisiana Elections and offer suggestions for successfully engaging the media on behalf of children and families.
The Louisiana Partnership for Children and Families is a non-profit policy and advocacy organization dedicated to improving the well being of children and their families in our state. Download a flyer.
The Legislative Wrap-Up and Annual Meeting will be held at the West Baton Rouge Conference Center in Port Allen. It will be held on Thursday June 18th, from 10:00am to 1:30pm, with registration beginning at 9:30am. Members can attend without fee and the non-member rate is $35.00. All attendees must pre-register at www.louisianapartnership.org. There is no on-site registration for this event. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.