Richard Linzer provides consultation for businesses, nonprofits and government agencies. He works with organizations in the areas of financial management, board development, group facilitation, institutional analysis and strategic planning.
Since 1965, Linzer has consulted with more than 500 organizations in numerous causes including the arts, humanities, education, health care, social services and environmental fields.
He has coauthored with Anna Linzer The Cash Flow Solution, It's Simple! Money Matters for the Nonprofit Board Member, Money Matters! A Kit for Nonprofit Board and Staff Members, and It's Easy! Money Matters for Nonprofit Managers.
The Linzers' website is www.linzerconsulting.com.
When you experience ups and downs in your income and expenses, what do you do?
How do you cover your deficits and save your surpluses?
Richard Linzer has some revolutionary ideas for you! He encourages you to use a cash flow balance sheet that charts your actual cash (not what you hope is coming). Then he gives you ways to increase your cash flow through the most inexpensive means.
Linzer has a variety of tools to help, including loans and creative ways to find collateral. These tips lead to a discussion of the sector's problems with cash flow and ways to fix them.
Don't miss this essential and innovative financial discussion!
Join CausePlanet founder and publisher Denise McMahan for this timely conversation with Richard Linzer, coauthor with Anna Linzer, of Cash Flow Strategies: Innovation in Nonprofit Financial Management, the sequel to Cash Flow Solutions that gives practical ways to boost your working capital.
In this interview, we will touch on the book's highlights:
- Understand and manage your cash flow so you can bridge gaps and deal effectively with surpluses to establish true financial security.
- Use cash flow strategies to improve the staff and board members' grasp of financial nuances so they can better participate in strategic decision making.
- Adapt lessons from the authors' case studies and examples to make all the resources in your nonprofit flow more efficiently.
- Consider bold new approaches to find and utilize working capital, and
- Incorporate strategies from sample communications, loan agreements and press releases.
The monthly CausePlanet series of live author interviews is made possible by a generous grant from the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation.