Kari Dunn Saratovsky is a principal of KDS Strategies and previously was vice president of social innovation at the Case Foundation.
She has spent her career working in both government and nonprofit sectors building alliances, directing programs and facilitating national efforts that advance social change.
Saratovsky writes and speaks extensively on the rising generation of Millennials and how they are changing the nature of nonprofits and institutions.
Find out more about her at www.kdsstrategies.com
"Even though Millennials are the next generation of donors and constituents, leaders spend far more resources focused on maintaining their existing supporters rather than trying to cultivate new ones--so much so, that they cannot see beyond their current donor strategies and systems to a future where those supporters are no longer around."
--Kari Dunn Saratovsky and Derrick Feldmann
You cannot afford to put next generation engagement on the back burner! Consider these facts:
- The "next greatest generation" Millennials stand to inherit the largest transfer of wealth;
- They are larger in number than the Boomer generation;
- They were raised on community service, and
- They put their money where their mouths are--with speed and efficiency online, no less.
Ways to Engage Millennials
Saratovsky, with her coauthor Feldmann, gives you a well-organized framework for creating your own Millennial Engagement Platform. The authors provide you with a context for Millennial behaviors that can inform your strategic decisions and guidelines by which you can measure your efforts and the impacts of internal and external forces.
Saratovsky will cover essential next generation topics such as: engagement; activism; peer influence; fundraising, and Millennials in the workplace.
LIVE AUTHOR INTERVIEW with Kari Dunn Saratovsky:
How to engage Millennials in your organization
September 25, 2013 | 11AM till Noon
Requires LANO Member or Friend login
Questions in this interview will touch on the book's following highlights:
- Examine how Millennials communicate, volunteer, take action, influence their peers and choose to give their time and money.
- Apply the authors' Millennial Engagement Platform in coordination with your marketing, fundraising and strategic goals.
- Observe how Millennials view their role in the workplace and how this is reshaping nonprofit culture from within.
- Understand emerging Millennial leaders' motivations and unique approaches to relationships with boards, stakeholders and partners.
The LIVE AUTHOR INTERVIEW series of nonprofit management webinars for the LANO Network is made possible through generous support from the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation.