Joe Waters is a Massachusetts-based speaker, writer, consultant and online trainer and has been working at the intersection of business, philanthropy and marketing for 20 years. He writes one of the web's leading fundraising blogs, Selfishgiving.com. He's the author of CauseMarketing for Dummies and QR Codes for Dummies. He's written for many publications including Huffington Post, Forbes, Mediapost, Razoo's Inspiring Generosity, Nonprofit Quarterly, Chronicle of Philanthropy and Healthcare Philanthropy Journal.
The single strategy of asking companies to write a check is tired...
You can leverage a corporation's involvement in many other creative ways that will help raise more money for your organization.
Nine themes, Forty Strategies
Joe Waters, cause marketing expert, gives 40 specific, practical strategies you can implement now to further your profitable relationships with businesses. They fall into nine categories: point-of-sale, physical go-tos, social media online, deals, direct gifts from businesses, money from employees, required actions from consumers, nonprofit celebrations and special opportunities.
Seven steps to success
If you follow Waters' seven steps, you can increase your business fundraising results. They include:
- Looking at your assets
- Targeting your supporters
- Getting your boss' blessing
- Focusing on your brand
- Maintaining a diversified fundraising plan
- Preparing for competition
- Seeking professional fundraising help
Twenty years of fundraising experience
Join us! Join CausePlanet founder and publisher Denise McMahan for a lively discussion about practical strategies you can use to fundraise with businesses with author Joe Waters.
Questions in this interview will touch on the book's following highlights:
- Apply literally dozens of case stories, instructive reminders and highly creative ideas to incorporate business partnerships and revenue into your fundraising plan.
- Yield incredibly rewarding company collaborations by adopting the author's recommended ideas, visual examples and steps for implementation.
- Gain inspiration for growing your corporate involvement beyond the single strategy of asking for a check and identify what companies want from nonprofit partners.
- Tap into your business partner's numerous assets, including customer loyalty and employees' desire to engage in the community
(Requires LANO network log-in credentials)
LANO network access to this LIVE AUTHOR INTERVIEW series and member subscriptions to CausePlanet's Page to Practice executive summary database provided by generous support from the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation.