Attention Clubs, Organizations, and Associations of the Greater Baton Rouge Area!
How would you like to make money for your group while supporting the blues in Baton Rouge? The Baton Rouge Blues Festival is seeking organizations to staff beverage stations at the Festival on Saturday, April 9th for 14 total hours and Sunday, April 10th for 12 total hours.
So what are we looking for, you may be asking? We want an organization that will take ownership of their assigned beverage station. You know, things like having it appropriately staffed, keeping track of money and inventory, and having a good time, both with the folks you’re working with and the folks who are buying what you’re selling. We have opportunities for both large and small bars. What’s the difference?
Large Bars (2 Beverage Stations Available Each Day):
1) Minimum Staffing: 16-18 people at peak periods
2) 6 folks working point of sale terminals (We provide training)
3) 8-12 Bar Card Holders to serve beverages (Bar Cards can be acquired online)
4) 8-12 bar backs, pourers, and stockers
5) 1-2 bar managers
Small Bars (2 Beverage Stations Available Each Day):
1) Minimum Staffing: 10-12 people at peak periods
2) 4 folks working point of sale terminals (We provide training)
3) 6-8 Bar Card Holders to serve beverages (Bar Cards can be acquired online)
4) 6-8 bar backs, pourers, and stockers
5) 1-2 bar managers
So what does an organization get in return for their partnership? Easy, here’s the goods:
1) 5% of revenue generated at the assigned beverage station will be paid to the organization. Depending on station size, we expect this to be from $250 to $750 per day.
2) The organization may keep all tips generated at the assigned beverage station. Based on past festivals, we expect this to be from $1,000 to $3,000 per day.
3) The organization may post signage at the assigned beverage station identifying themselves.
4) All organizational volunteers will receive the same benefits as general volunteers, including a Blues Festival t-shirt, a one year membership in the Baton Rouge Blues Foundation, and an invitation to an after-event thank you party.
Interested organizations should contact Slater McKay (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible. Given the money that can be raised, we expect these to go soon.