What do you do once you have been awarded grant funds for your project?
This course will help participants develop a comprehensive understanding of the steps involved with managing a grant, from the date the award is announced to the date when final reporting is due to the funder. Presented data and Interactive activities will outline how to successfully direct aspects of the grant to include: interactions with the funder, project organization, managing the funded project, documentation and record keeping, personnel management, project finances, events, evaluation, data collection and analysis, and sustainability.
Experienced grant managers, who are also grant writers will lead you to understand the principles and concepts necessary to productively lead the management of your grant, and funded project. Participants will be exposed to management techniques and project details that will greatly assist in the project management aspects of the grant award.
Major topics to be presented include:
•Grantor Expectations Gain in-depth insight into the mind of the funder. Learn how to effectively meet the needs of the funder, while meeting the goals of the funded project.
•Managing the Funded Project Learn what needs to be managed, determine proper regulatory information, identify the role of the project director, how to move forward in the event of project changes, and structuring day to day grant operations.
•Documentation and Record Keeping Develop an outline of what documents are necessary prior to the grant, during the grant, and after the grant. Learn about software and apps vital to proper record keeping.
•Personnel Management Increase knowledge of how to deal with volunteers and staff involved in the project. Learn how to get the most out of people through management or supervision techniques.
•Event and Component Direction Explore, and dissect the various elements of a potential grant award to include; project organization, professional development, and proposal fundamentals.
•Project Finances Learn the confines of the grant budget, what is expected from the funder and how do you meet your deliverables. Explore all aspects of budgetary requirements.
•Data Collection and Analysis Explain the principles and activities involved with the collection of data. Learn how to effectively analyze data to meet the reporting requirements of a grant. Examine best practices involved with stellar data collection, and analysis methods. •Evaluations from A - Z Learn to define an evaluation, examine its purpose, and understand who is responsible for all of its elements and how to develop the evaluation plan.
•Sustainability Learn what a sustainability plan is and why it is critical to the success of the project and ongoing grant funding. Explore mechanisms to develop a plan of sustainability. This seminar is ideal for: Any manager or director from any organization or corporate entity interested in learning to successfully manage their grant award.
Key benefits of participation:
• Understand when/why an organization should begin grant management activities
• Focus on effectively managing grant awards on a regional, statewide, and/or nationwide basis
• Examine effective mechanisms to market grant award
• Review focused information and methodology on the management of grants
• Comprehend methodology that will improve grant management
• Understand in-depth, practical usage of data research and collection for future grant reporting
• Learn how to build effective grantor relationships
• Discuss innovative tools to enhance evaluation techniques and plans
• Realize the importance of grants in fund diversification
• Introduce Internal Revenue updates where appropriate for budgets
• Review various online data collection sites as well as methods for data collection LESS