|2017 Force for Good Awards|
Join us in celebrating the achievements of these dedicated organizations and individuals that make Louisiana’s nonprofit sector strong!
The LANO Force for Good Awards pay tribute to Louisiana nonprofit organizations and individuals whose practices create excellence. Winners are outstanding models of mission achievement and community impact – and continue to create Louisiana’s culture.
Nonprofit of the Year-
This award is presented to a nonprofit organization whose exceptional delivery of services to the community sets a high standard of quality and impact. While the organization serves as an exemplary model overall, particular focus may be given to board excellence, programmatic evaluation and impact, fundraising, innovation, vision and collaborations with other entities. The organization demonstrates ways in which they set the bar for effective nonprofit strategy, execution and lasting community impact.
The Leadership Award will honor a person who has demonstrated the capacity to make decisions consistent with the mission and scope of the nonprofit organization. This leader rallies people and maximizes the potential of staff and volunteers. This individual continuously achieves mission-consistent results.
Nonprofit of the Year-
Emeril Lagasse Foundation & Southwest Louisiana Health Education Center
Barbara Auten & Layne McDaniel
Nonprofit of the Year- United Way of Acadiana
Leadership Award- Melissa Juneau
Nonprofit of the Year- St. Vincent de Paul
Leadership Award- Gerry Barousse
Awards are based on the following criteria:
· Significance and magnitude of the nominee’s contributions and/or achievements.
· Demonstrated success in core capacities: board development, fund development,and financial management.
· The benefits of the nominee’s contribution to strengthening Louisiana’s nonprofit sector
· Preference will be given to those organizations or individuals who are LANO Members
Submission Instructions and Timeline
Entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 31st, 2017.
Applications must be submitted online (below) and all attachments must be submitted in PDF format. Narratives must not exceed 3 pages.
The awards will be presented at the LANO Annual Conference on August 17, 2017 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. The awards luncheon begins at noon. Both the nominator and nominees will be notified of award status.
Narrative (attach in PDF format with this application; 12 point font; 3 page maximum)
1. Organization’s mission, description, history and goals (for Nonprofit Organization of the Year nominees) OR professional bio (for Leadership nominees)
2. Reason for nomination and impact of the organization or individual – Why does this organization/individual deserve to be recognized? Include collaborations, recent and noteworthy projects/activities, constituency served, or other examples.
3. Most recent audited financial statement (for Nonprofit Organization of the Year)
4. Optional items (electronic copies):